Monday 12 April 2010

Greece

This week I am in Greece, the birthplace of modern democracy. With a rich history going back thousands of years, Greece was the defender of Europe from eastern invasion many times, not lest in the famous battle in which just 300 Spartans held back a huge army of tens of thousands. Today Greece is invaded every year by hundreds of thousands of tourists, as it is a very popular holiday destination in the Mediterranean.



For me the only problem with Greece is that it has so much history and so many beautiful islands and villages that I am not likely to see them all. With a two week vacation each year it is going to take me a very long time. So I am happy that Greetings Cards Universe gives me the chance to see parts of Greece that I have not had time to visit my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment